Finally after 2 years of talk and desires and excitement the OP-1 has been shipped to me. I even signed up for the beta tester about a year ago but never touched the device itself!
It’s getting more and more exciting now that they even send the OP-1 Manual 064b, which I have posted here for your viewing pleasure (in case you want to have all the details how these little machine works). EDIT: Just a note that this PDF is a work in progress and not to be distributed!
A few of its features:
- Multiple Synthesizer Engines with exchangable Architecture.
- 8 dedicated instant sound select keys
- Dr Wave – Raw 8-bit yupe sound engine
- FM – Easy to tweak FM synthesis engine
- Pulse – Square wave type engine
- String – Physical modeling with a twist
- Digital – Raw digital type of engine
- Phase – Phase distortion engine
- Cluster – Multiple Wave Cluster
- Feature additions of Engines will be available with software upgrades
- Dedicated instant Synth Sampler with 6 seconds sampling time for each slot.
- Dedicated instant Drum Sampler with 12 seconds sampling time for each slot.
- Instant sampling with built-in Microphone or Line in
- Classic ADSR type of envelope
- Dynamic Envelope for Drum sounds.
- Future additions of Envelopes will be available with software upgrades
- Multiple Effects with exchangable Architecture.
- Delay – Classic delay type
- Phone – Hacked phone effect
- Punch – Adds punch to your sound
- Grid – Grid based echo
- Spring – Spring reverb type
- Future additions of Effects will be available with software upgrades
- 4 individual tracks with instant Solo
- Instant variable Tape Speed
- 6 minutes recording time in Normal tape speed.
- Up to 24 minutes recording time in Low tape speed
- Loop function with movable region
- Tape tricks for Break Tape, Bits and Reverse.
- Memo 1 & 2 for instant memorizing Effects / EQ / Pan or Levels / Tape Speed
- Reverse Recording
- Classic Tape editing Features Lift / Split and Drop
- Lift tape recordings back into Sampler for endless sound design.
- 3 Axis Motion sensor (G-Force)
- Assignable to any synth, envelope, effect parameter or to pitch.
Built-in FM radio
- Sample direct from any radiostation
- Record direct to tape